Tuesday 3 April 2007

Wii goes Hardcore!

Miyamoto on the Wii.

"I prepared myself for the possibility that Wii might face an uphill battle in America, so to see that it has become this big of a hit is something I wasn't particularly expecting... There are other enhancements to the Wii interface and developments being planned that are going to really make games for hardcore players a lot more fun and interesting... A lot of people have the misunderstanding that Nintendo is not interested in network gaming."

Im still dubious, no decent releases for months, horrible 16 digit 'friend' system, no online to speak of (yet)... im bored of mine right now, it hasnt been on in weeks, Wii Sports is great but its had its day in the Mal household... wheres Mario Galaxy, Metroid, Smash Bros... hell.. anything!

Its cheap and cheerful i agree but look at the gap between Zelda to something like GTA4.. not sure how long cheap and cheerful will work for them..

1 comment:

Ben said...

I agree.
I'm already bored of it. I'm sure we will fire it up for when friends come round but when I have a bit of time for some serious gaming the Wii is not my first thought. I'd go for the XBox first, then the PC, then I might play some Wii.
Ah it comes in phases, I'm sure I'll get back into it.